Camp Harkness 2013
February 11, 2013
Dear Care Providers:
Greetings from Camp Harkness 2013! We are excited about the upcoming summer months and embarking on our 15th camping season. We are committed to offering a quality vacation experience for our campers and have implemented a new registration process to ensure the health and safety of all the campers. Please review the procedure listed below.
- Skills & Behavior Checklists: This form is now required to be completed and submitted with the camp application. The information provided on these forms will be used to screen campers’ needs and ability levels to ensure that this camper will be safe in our camping program.
- Fall Risk Screen Form & IP Support Pages: These forms are required to be copied and submitted for each camper to supplement the full camp packet. These forms will be required for all Agency Supported & Community Companion Home individuals. We will also expect individuals who attend day or respite programs but who live independently or with families to submit these forms. These forms will need to be on file by May 1, 2013. We will need:
- Fall Risk Screen Form (from Nursing Protocol NP 11-1, Attachment A and D.)
- Page 12 of IP.7 (Additional or Specific Qualification(s) Specialized Expertise and/or Training). This section is intended to alert the team of the trainings staff members need to possess when working with an individual.
- Behavior Support Plan
- Doctor and Guardian Activity Consent: This is a new form that some campers may be asked to submit. After an initial review of applications, The Arc may request a physician and guardian’s consent for the individual to attend camp and participate in the planned camp activities. It is important for a camper’s doctor and guardian to be aware of the physical camp environment and level of care provided by camp staff. This information will help us know how to safely support the camper during their stay at camp.
The information provided on the above documents will be used to screen individuals during the registration process. Once all of the information is provided and reviewed, the camper will be officially accepted into the camp program. Please submit these forms in a timely manner to secure the camper’s spot in the 2013 program.
In addition, there is a slight possibility of an equestrian program being offered for this summer. There might be an additional fee for campers participating in this program. Please fill out the Equestrian Interest form included and submit it by March 15, 2013. Decisions about this program will be made by the end of March. If the program is offered, additional forms will be required to be submitted.
Please review all of the information in this letter and application packet. Please submit all required forms by the dates listed. If you have any questions or concerns please email me at email@example.com. I look forward to providing another great camping experience.
For more information,
please contact program director
Jen Hickey at 860-822-0801 or firstname.lastname@example.org.